Friday 8 July 2011

I need to get this off my chest, or I'll go mad...

Early this morning I received news that a family member had been taken to hospital. I left what I was doing and the Mrs and myself went up to the hospital to spend the morning there.

Before I received the news I had placed all of 4 Pronged Attack's and the first Signature Racing bet. By the time I got back it was around 2pm and the last thing I felt like doing was checking all the bets to see whether there was still any value left.

Having just turned on the PC here are the stats for the day:
- Actual profit/loss: -£625
- Missed profit/loss: +£1018

For the last week and a half results have been abismal, and I haven't missed placing a bet for a long time. If I haven't been placing the bets then the Mrs has been helping out. Today really was a kick in the teeth, all the winners came after I'd gone to the hospital. This isn't the first time that this has happened and the message I'm seeing is that I can't get away from my PC anymore, not even for a family emergency. It's not right that I need to depend on one day after a shocking last 10 days. It's nobody's fault, there's nobody to blame here, just one of those things that happens, but after so many 2nd placed horses recently and now today I'm seriously, and I mean it, seriously considering as to whether to continue with back betting. After 2 years of betting behind me now my net profits are pathetic. The reasons are simple:
- Subscription costs.
- Wastage - mistakes during first 10 months of betting.
- Days like today - bad luck.
- Some poorly performing services (Each Way Value, On The Oche, etc)

I won't be making any decisions today, as I'm a lot more than just pissed off at the moment. I have a cocktail of emotions and feelings going around in my head so best to wait until I've calmed down. But, my initial thoughts are:
- Move away from back betting - no more account restrictions, no more subscription costs
- Move towards trading - reduced volatility on a day-to-day basis and no subscription costs. As my own trading is going well, and has been for a couple of months now (still early days though), this seems the logical solution.

I'm glad that's off my chest, maybe some higher power is trying to give me some signs and today would be the biggest sign yet (apart from account restrictions, pathetic returns, etc) that I need to be moving over to trading...

Back as usual tomorrow with any trades!

7 comments:

  1. amazing ,,thats just how i feel koda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Koda, I think it something that we all go through at some stage. Trading to me seems the only way as it seems to be the middle ground between highs and lows. I have been following many of your football suggestions on the 1.5 goals market, laying under 1.5 goals at 3.0. This has been good for me over recent times. So firstly thanks for those and secondly stick at it, two years for me and I am just making headway. I will never risk more than 5% of my bank on any trade, that way I can deal with the emotional side of losses and move onto the next day. Good luck whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keith,

    I've decided that I'm going to focus just on trading, relying on tipsters just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I'm still grateful to them for helping me along the way, but at the end of the day I don't know where they're getting they're value from. With my own trading I know exactly what's going on and I think we should all use our tipster experiences to find our own value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Koda,

    One of my problems is having the lack of time to do research. That is were I use the tipsters to lead me in the right direction initially which cuts down on the amount of research needed. If the tips along with my own research make sense then that is where I will go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a plan Keith, letting the tipsters do all the hard work. At the end of the day you're a paying subscriber and you're not relaying so you can use the tips how you want to.

    With trading you have to put in the hard work yourself, there aren't many good trading sites out there. I think services are under pressure to produce the goods, whereas Jasper and myself are doing it for free.

    As I've mentioned before, our long-term aim is to provide a service that really produces the goods. We have a good relationship, I do all the admin. work and we both supply trades. There is no competition between us and we believe in each other. I don't question his trades and he doesn't question mine. When we have a purple patch we have a think, do some analysis and move on.

    It's better in two's, one complements the other. Hope you are following the trades!

    Koda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes following the trades with interest. Certainly like the o1.5 goals strategy as that seems to work well. A small back on 0-0 also gives a nice bit of insurance.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete