Thursday 2 June 2011

May Review, Trading Guide and Trading spreadsheet

The last few days have been really hectic. What with writing the Trading Guide, focussing more on trading, writing VBA code and trying to get the new site up and running time for posting here has been non-existent.

We are into June already, I can't believe how time is flying by. Only seems like yesterday when it was snowing and freezing cold, now we're looking forward to another hot weekend here in the UK! May has been generous to us, but after April's disaster and a generally poor year thus far the betting gods were bound to be generous at some point.

Here are May's results:


Tipster: Todays P/L: Stakes: ROI: POINTS Total:
4PA 11.30 27.00 42% 103.76
CL 1.09 3.00 37% 45.02
EI 22.90 36.41 63% 83.41
FBD -7.09 54.97 -13% -9.47
FE 0.00 1.00 0% 24.27
FI 0.00 0.00   32.44
MGB 0.00 0.00   13.31
NMP 5.85 6.75 87% 0.86
PJAF 10.01 70.50 14% 33.25
PJAW -0.95 1.50 -63% 1.35
SK 0.00 0.00   64.81
SR 5.02 23.00 22% 6.18
STR 61.46 239.00 26% 94.86
SYS -50.25 690.00 -7% -80.15
AB 3.08 2.61 118% 4.23
MB 6.07 4.68 130% -2.21
TRAS 0.00 0.00   -1.61
WIFLI -5.49 5.49 -100% -6.99
         
Today: 63.01 1165.91 25.27%  
Active Tipsters Total:       407.31
All Tipsters Total:        
Financial Totals: This month: £2,529.32    
         

I'll cover the negatives first...

The WIFLI (When I feel Like It) service is living proof that it doesn't pay to be a regular punter, they aren't called mugs for any reason you know. These are the bets that slipped through the net, the ones I felt like doing because I didn't have a nose to pick, or an arse to scratch. Apologies for the bluntness, but placing silly bets, (i.e. the ones you haven't researched) doesn't pay!

System Selections isn't having the best of times. There have been a couple of occasions when I haven't been able to place the bets, and you know what happened right? Of course, very profitable days. Why does it always work like that? Really ticks me off how predictable wins are when you can't place the bets. Form Bet hasn't been impressing, but I've only been with them a short while so there's still plenty of time for the service to shine.

Onto the positives....

Hats off to Strikeline and a big thanks to a friend of mine (who by no coincidence is my trading partner) who recommended the service way back in January. They have their ups and downs, but it's a service that I've believed in. Equine and 4PA had good months as did PJAF. After I had taken NMP out of the portfolio I duly reinstated them in May. And here's a slice of luck; the day they went back into the portfolio they made a tidy 7 PTS profit. To be fair to the service they have come out and said that the last few months haven't been the best so at the end of this year/beginning of next year there will be some changes to the service.

Messi did the business and landed My Bets a tidy 6 PTS profit! Isn't he just awesome?

Apologies if anyone has been coming onto the blog to see the free trades. I've only been posting them on the SBC forum as of late. To be honest you haven't missed much, the one Account trade won but the Shortlist trades haven't gone anywhere. We have strict rules regarding the Account trades, and the Shortlist is anything else that has taken our fancy. Expect all trades to be posted here from Saturday onwards!

Here is a link to the latest Trading Guide:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BwXsHOipLtGWMDAxMWQyNTAtNDg4OS00YTYxLTgxOTktNzZkZmM2ODZiNDAy&hl=en_US&authkey=CO6cjWE

It's in PDF format so you can either view it online or download it.

And here's a ready made Trading spreadsheet for the Account trades, with the first trade already listed! I've added some comments if anyone gets stuck.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgXsHOipLtGWdE4yTVZJV3J3YXRXMDhuMHBSR0hEVHc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJ6dkZYD

The Betting Spreadsheet I'm doing for SBC still isn't ready. But, I'm not waiting around, I'm writing some VBA

I'm also working on another project: I may have mentioned it already but I am generating spreadsheets that contain the ins and outs of every football game. So, there are stats such as how the weather affects games, number of goals against a team of your choice, or against Top 6 teams, Bottom 6 teams, Top Half Teams. It's going to be fantastic, a member of SBC has already volunteered to be a guinea pig giving me some vital feedback on whats stats are necessary, layout, user-friendliness, etc.

Remember to keep an eye out Saturday for an Account trades!

Good luck, Koda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Koda,

    Your blog is a good read and gives a fair view on tipsters perfomance. Well done.

    I have added you on my blogroll, I have just started mine, if you think it's fun you can add me. (http://bettingandtradingblog.com/)

    Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ray, just added your blog. Welcome to the blogging community!

    Koda

    ReplyDelete