Saturday 30 October 2010

Happy Saturday

I've made no secret of the fact I thoroughly enjoy a Saturday's gambling work, from Friday through to Sunday evening. Even if there are losses I still walk away from a weekend feeling fulfilled, having at least tried. Mondays and Thursdays are the bore days, but they still give me an opportunity to get any bits and pieces out of the way.

Here are today's results:


Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI: P/L 365 Days:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 69.57
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 22.72
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A 17.19
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 12.34
FI 4.97 18.00 28% 15.43
MGB -1.81 15.00 -12% 14.63
PB -1.00 1.00 -100% 20.67
SK -4.92 20.00 -25% 30.32
CNB 1.60 3.00 53% -3.88
FES 0.00 0.00 N/A 4.03
EWV 0.00 0.00 N/A -25.58
BLB 4.54 5.54 N/A 2.80
TRA 4.69 10.49 N/A 17.06
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A -4.93
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A 6.14
SPDT 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.23
 

   
 

   
  8.06 73.03 -11% 198.27

Certainly can't grumble with an 8 PTS profit for the day, especially when at half-time for Football Investor and Mr Gekko Bets results looked like they would go against us today! Skeeve didn't have the best of days but to be honest, as he put in his follow-up email, it was an inconsistent day for many of the so called consistent teams. But, as I've said before many of the inconsistencies give rise to value bets. For example, if AFC Wimbledon lose at home as they did today their odds may drift a little for the next game allowing us to capitalise on that. All teams have bad days and if Hartlepool and Yeovil hadn't let in late goals profits would have been higher.

More importantly for the day is that I've managed to wipe out a defecit of 7PTS for the Bettor Logic Bets and am now into profit. The one result that stands out for the day was Arsenal v West Ham. I dutched the correct score for either a 2-0, 1-0 or 0-0 and that result alone brought in just under 3 PTS profit, I seem to have found the niche that I was talking about. However, feet firmly on the ground and head firmly on me shoulders, wouldn't want to throw everything away!

I only traded on one of my own selections today and that was for the Valencia game. Valencia went down early on and my gut feeling told me to leave the game, but I wanted to look a little closer. The stats showed there was only a slight chance that Valencia would actually win the game. I took no risks Laying Valencia at odds of around 2.0 and backing the 2-1 correct score as a saver bet in case they got back into the game. Well, they did get back into the game but the 2-1 eluded them resulting in a nice 1.5 PTS profit.

And two out of three selections for Conference North Bets winning too, very nice to see. Still a way to go though until we break even...

Another account closure today, good job I've got plenty of pseudo helpers. After yesterday's bookie get off my chest talk I still feel that for the bookies to get some respect they too must show some, life is about balance and bookies aren't excluded. I know a lot of them have logos on their sites from the relevant gambling institutions like IBAS, Gamcare, GREaT and Gamble Aware but they're usually at the bottom of the sites where you wouldn't normally look. If they take, say £500, off you they should send an email asking you whether you are addicted to gambling and have made these types of losses with other companies also so that they can refer you to somewhere that can help. My gambling today could be an addiction, I might know that, but I'm winning, at least.

I will try to remember to include the monthly graph(s) tomorrow.

Until tomorrow, time for a curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment