Thursday 14 October 2010

Lost in translation

My wife placed the bets today and for Pro Bandit's last selection, Danum Dancer, instead of placing the 0.125 PT E/W as per the email she doubled that effectively meaning she staked 0.25 PT E/W and guess what, it finished second, the two "favourites" nowhere to be seen. Of course, if it had lost I would have been fuming but she has a bit of good fortune when placing the bets incorrectly... you'll see her Accidental Bet as 1 PT gained.

Here are today's results:


Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI: P/L 365 Days:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 59.90
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 25.54
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A 36.23
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 14.75
FI 0.00 0.00 N/A 21.79
MGB 0.00 0.00 N/A 16.45
PB -0.75 2.00 -38% 17.09
SK 0.00 0.00 N/A 25.07
CNB 0.00 0.00 N/A -4.48
FES 0.00 0.00 N/A 5.79
EWV -4.50 5.00 -90% -55.25
BLB 0.00 0.00 N/A -6.86
TRA 0.00 0.00 N/A 0.22
AB 1.00 0.50 N/A -4.97
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A 6.14
SPDT 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.23
 

   
 

   
  -4.25 7.50 -64% 157.16

Another poor day from Each Way Value with only one selection getting close finishing in third. Pro Bandit seemed to be dutching the 17:40 at Nottingham but only the System selection Danum Dancer came close. As always, looking forward to the weekend!

Be warned, small rant coming up! lol

I love my football, I play and watch it. I played for the town where I live when I was younger and still play today, I even played football whilst I lived in Brazil, yes, I was there for 5 years... I know languages are dynamic but can anyone tell me why in England, the home of football, we use this word soccer? You go to Germany, they call it fussball, you go to Spain they call it futbol and in Brazil they call it futebol, all based on the English word football. Now I would like to apologies to any person's who read this that are from a country that use the word soccer, I know it's not your fault you use this ugly word. I just think it's totally disrespectful to the word football that someone has invented soccer, I mean us English didn't come up with some new word for American Football, we simply called it American Football just as we do for Aussie Rules and Gaelic, we wouldn't dare to mess about with traditions and call it something different. Even the Brazilians used to ask me why they had to learn this word soccer in English schools that taught American English. But anyway, it's all relative and it won't be long before pharmacy in British English is written as farmacy... (this is exactly what happened in Brazil, the ph words changed to f...)

Anyway, that may have been a bore for some but intriguing for others. For those fact finders it was actually an English guy called Charles Miller that took football to Brazil. The most supported team in Brazil is Corinthians which is in the city of Sao Paulo: for those walking English dictionaries corinthians is an English word and can mean an amateur sportsman, fitting for one of the earliest teams set up in Brazil, little do the Corinthians' supporters know that the meaning of their team is amateur... lol

So, apologies if I've gone over the top today but Each Way Value is causing me a little gambling stress at the moment so what not a better way to get things off my chest than to have a little dig at the word soccer.

Until tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kodagira do you have any e mail adress ? i would like to discuss some money management strategies with you .

    Cheers
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonny,

    It's kodagira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete