Monday 4 October 2010

Patience

I have been with On The Oche for about 2 years now and have made substantial losses, today was no different. The top darts players continue to play with the same inconsistency as always. Ronnie Baxter was a set up and a dart away from winning the match, and bottled it, just as he has done in many a tournament as of late. The result is that Gary Anderson came back, all fired up, and took the match... I don't blame On The Oche, I just think when push comes to shove the players lose it...


Here are today's results:


Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI: P/L 30 Days:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 0.33
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 5.76
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A -5.15
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 3.16
FI 0.00 0.00 N/A 12.29
MGB 0.00 0.00 N/A 9.91
OTO -2.00 2.00 -100% -2.00
PB 0.63 0.50 125% 10.44
SK 0.00 0.00 N/A 31.68
CNB 0.00 0.00 N/A -4.00
FES 0.00 0.00 N/A 7.83
EWV -2.75 5.00 -55% -7.82
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A -5.28
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.21
SPDT 0.00 0.00 N/A -2.00






-4.13 7.50 -10% 54.93

Pro Bandit with another solid win, odds actually drifted from 1.91 to 2.25!! Each Way Value had no success with 4 losers and the other placed.

Going back to On The Oche, it really is their last tournament to make a mark for me. If they don't make any reasonable profits I'll be cutting the cord, no two ways about it. Like I said I don't blame the service, just with so much inconsistency the value is lost. There are lots of good services out there I could use to replace On The Oche, but they have til the end of the tournament, let's hope for a tournaround. To be honest I'm actually quite upset, because results have been bad for a long time, but I've given them chance after chance and have been let down again.

Patience is a virtue.... especially with gambling. It's so important to be patient with your gambling but you must strike a balance. Don't be over patient like I have with services such as On The Oche, there are so many good tipsters out there performing well. From a business point of view you certainly wouldn't continue buying from a supplier that was overcharging or have a client whereby you were losing money. Tough decisions need to be made and successful entrepreneurs are those that know how to strike a balance and make the right decisions at the right time. Like any business there will be periods where you're making a loss then a few orders come through that may send you back into profit for the month.

It's not easy dealing with a portfolio at times, but the services that misbehaved must be thoroughly analysed and a decision taken.

Until tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat as you with On The Oche i have been with them over a year but they really do seem to of lost the edge, so i decided to sit out this tournament and keep check on the results. Looks like a good decision so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trading the darts last night and I did thnk that the format for the first round lended itself well to a few upsets.

    I definitly wouldnt straight back anyone untill the later rounds and your probably better off laying some favourites in these early rounds.

    Nice blog btw, would you want to exchange links?

    My site is Sports Trading Life, http://sportstradinglife.com/

    Let me know and i will add you to mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,
    The best thing you did was let On The Oche go... another poor set of results. 1 winner from 6 selections, looks like I'll be letting the service go by the end of the tournament. A one man team just doesn't work, too prone to off-days and lack of confidence. Any profits I've made from other services over the past couple of days have been decimated by On The Oche's performance, yet again.

    Very, very, very frustrating, the warning signs have been there for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben, I've added your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Kodagira, the warning signs were there, I left the service after 6 months last year. Even though I was in profit I saw it isn't going anywhere.
    I will have however to point out that SBC are to blame to a certain extend, because they continued praising the service and it was always top of the RoI which was ridiculous. First because the calculation was wrong (I made them aware and both Rich and SBC corrected it down) and secondly because with such low number of bets and very very limited liquidity the RoI as a measure of success is pointless. It has been a Hall of Fame service forever - unexplainable for me.
    I was really annoyed the way they present this service.
    Now everyone sees the results. They should have seen this at least a year earlier.
    HB

    ReplyDelete