Monday 24 January 2011

Excel

The last few days have been a nightmare. I've been working on a Betting Spreadsheet for the SBC but I would have needed a supercomputer to run it. Lots of good things in it but Excel couldn't cope and crashed, now the process of making it lighter is taking absolutely ages. As my own spreadsheet is the version I'm working on the spreadsheets crashed and I've been using paper for the past three days. Glad to say I'm back at about 50% working speed.

Here are the results for the past 4 days:


Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A
BLB 2.73 12.97 21%
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A
CNB -1.00 2.00 -50%
EI -0.50 0.50 -100%
EWV -1.00 1.00 -100%
FB 0.00 0.00 N/A
FE -2.72 5.00 -54%
FES 0.00 0.00 N/A
FI -6.80 25.00 -27%
MGB 1.72 5.00 34%
NB -3.64 19.00 -19%
NMP -1.58 5.75 -27%
PB 0.53 3.50 15%
SK 1.31 17.00 8%
SKS -0.26 2.00 -13%
TRAM 0.00 0.00 N/A
TRAS 0.00 0.00 N/A
WRT 2.96 0.90 328%
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A
SPDT 0.00 0.00 N/A
GVE 1.87 2.00 94%
HF 17.34 9.50 183%
LB 0.91 1.00 91%
PCB 0.00 0.00 N/A
Total 11.87 112.12 23.89%

Let's look at performance first starting from the top...

The Bettor Logic Bets have been doing quite well lately, I appear to have found a few markets that are producing real value. The main market I'm working with has very low liquidity so there's still a lot to consider, but it's working so far. Conference North Bets had another home loser, won't be renewing for the new season, it was always going to be a risky one and where I've been lucky with some riskier tipsters this one hasn't paid off.

Equine Investments hasn't been very busy and our selection today came in 2nd at 8/1. This is another service that I'll be seriously considering for the new season which starts again in May I think. Very expensive, bookies don't like the bets and returns haven't been great since last May.

Football Elite continues it's poor run and there was a bit of confusion in the email so I actually backed Sampdoria instead of using the Asian Handicap +0. I will still be with them next season though, very good long-term. Mr Gekko had a small gain whilst Football Investor had a 6 PTS loss, placing such large numbers of bets are going to give us bad weekends, on the flip side we get exceptionally good ones too!

Neural Bets had a good day today but generally it isn't doing the business, yet. We can't expect good returns straight away, that would be too easy. Skeeve's Saturday service isn't doing great, let's hope for a turnaround before the end of the season as I'm nowhere near to covering subscription costs...

Herbie Fogg had an outstanding weekend and if I'd seen the 3rd bet on the email yesterday, which of course won didn't it, results would have been better by a further 3 PTS. I didn't see it because I was sat in the changing rooms ready to get me kit on, then I saw the email and thought well, I'd better get the bets on as they're due a win. There was a tiny writeup after the 2nd selection so didn't think to look underneath to see if there was a 3rd selection. I'm so good at missing selections that go onto win.

And we had some good winners for both Winning Racing Tips and Linebacker!

On another note a trading colleague of mine, Curly, is proofing his trading results to me. They've been doing really well but he had a bad weekend. We all have bad weekends, and even bad months... I'm still traumatised from November! I will probably start trading them once I'm familiar with the system and fully understand what I'm meant to do and when I'm meant to do it.

I've joined another service, Strikeline, and hopefully will have it included in the table tomorrow. I'm still backing to small stakes but results so far have been very good, today we were on the back of a 16/1 winner, can't beat that!

Almost forgot, Geert Van Elsen did ok this weekend too.

Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment