Thursday 24 March 2011

Up to Northampton, and a little advice needed for my trading

It's been a very quiet day, I kind of feel that I've got an expensive car on the driveway and I haven't been out in it today! lol I have a question regarding organisation at the end of the writeup.


Tipster: Todays P/L: Stakes: ROI: POINTS Total:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 101.78
BLB 0.00 0.00 N/A 1.28
BLIP 0.00 0.00 N/A 4.42
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 41.79
CNB 0.00 0.00 N/A 1.37
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A 63.52
FB 0.00 0.00 N/A 11.80
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 22.57
FI 0.00 0.00 N/A 32.57
GVE 0.00 0.00 N/A 9.34
LB 0.00 0.00 N/A 2.02
MGB 0.00 0.00 N/A 21.51
NB 0.00 0.00 N/A -22.87
NMP 0.00 0.00 N/A -14.72
PB 0.39 1.00 39% 20.94
SK 0.00 0.00 N/A 74.34
SKS 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.06
STR 0.00 0.00 N/A -6.50
TRAM 0.00 0.00 N/A -15.14
TRAS 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.61
WIFLI 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.50
WRT -0.02 0.60 -4% 9.40
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A -2.38
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A -8.99
         
Today: 0.36 1.60 17.43%  
Active Tipsters Total:       343.87
All Tipsters Total:   7625.47 2.82% 211.68
Financial Totals: This month: £2,589.31 All-time: £17,316.16
  This year: £953.80    

Only a couple of services in action, I totally forgot to get Neural Bets' selections on but luckily they all lost anyway. Pro Bandit's first selection won and the other finished last! Winning Racing Tips went for the each way double, one selection won and the other was placed so we almost got our money back.

So, a total of two services in action today...

Equine Investments have decided to split their service into two. Whilst they claim (I use the word claim as there is no independent verification of what they say) that they are reducing subscribers by 25% for their main service only time will tell to see if odds hold up for any longer than a minute or two. What with William Hill, so I've heard, having infiltrated the service there is no chance of getting decent stakes on with them. I have pseudos so if I do get restricted by anyone I can always open up new accounts. Surprisingly I'm still using my own accounts, but to be honest it's not like I've taken a huge amount from the UK bookies. Just the naughty ones have restricted me...

A friend of mine has asked if I'd like to go down to Northampton to watch their game against Torquay. Should be a cracker of a game, I had to tell him that Fridays are one of my busiest evenings. Torquay are looking to finish in the automatic promotion places whilst Northampton want to keep as far away from the relegation spots as possible.

Onto a request. As you all know I'm trading every now then and gambling full-time. I need to be better organised with the trading, are there any traders that do both trading and gambling? If there are could they tell me how they organise their time? So that includes any research, recording their trades and actually doing their trades? Is the day before best for research? How many hours do you put in? Do you trade in-play? Do you limit your day's trading to no more than x amount of hours? Any hints would be appreciated.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, got a really stiff neck.

Until tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. I really do think you should set time aside for working on doing your own bets and finding your own edge as with horse betting you will find it increasingly harder to get money down even with pseudo accounts - bookmakers do not want to know anymore. Football betting is slightly different as the Asians still want to play ball so to speak and they put UK bookmakers to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian,

    I am totally with you on this one. There simply aren't enough good UK bookies to make horse racing viable in the long-run. However, if I don't use them for horse racing what will I use them for? I might as well open up new Betfred online and telephone accounts and take as much as I can.

    I remember having a conversation with a friend a couple of days ago. I compared bookies to McDonalds in the fact that they are companies that only have profits in mind. You could walk into McDonalds every day, buy a Big Mac and chips and within a year be dead (watch Super Size Me). Bookies are no different, you could walk in every day, throw away £50 each time, lose your house, marriage, etc and be living on the streets within a few months. Would they care? Nope, but they would be happy with their profits. Bookies are gready, therefore we should use that to our advantage. Make out you're a mug for as long as you can and make as much profit from them as you can.

    From the end of May I'll have a lot more time to dedicate to researching. From the research I'm hoping to uncover both bets and trades. I have decided to focus on two leagues: Serie A and Primera Division. As I can speak and read Spanish and can understand written Italian that should help enormously. I may also look at the French, but will have to consider time availability. So, that gives me 2 months to:
    - Organise my time.
    - Make a final decision on what leagues to research and what markets to focus on.
    - Move away from watching results as they come in for tipsters, I don't pay subscription fees to suffer the ups and downs! lol

    Kodagira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kod,

    Who is this Rowan dude? and what is his blog?


    Bruce McDaniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowan runs The Portfolio Investor, some very good write-ups on the blog.

    http://theportfolioinvestor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kod,

    Cheers dude.

    My moto is if it can be done tomorrow do it next week. Keep it cool man.

    Bruce McDaniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha
    Im liking your style Bruce.
    Peace Maaaan LOL

    ReplyDelete