Wednesday 23 March 2011

What a lovely day

No, I'm not talking about the gambling, I'm talking about the weather. Looking out of the window early this morning you could have been forgiven for thinking you were in the south of Spain. Temperatures reached a high of 17Âșc and I made the most of it by going to my part-time job in the afternoon on my bike! A bit of sun on the arms and some cardiovascular exercise. I've got a tight hamstring from Sunday's football match so will have to take it a little easy over the next few days.

Going back to the day's results:


Tipster: Todays P/L: Stakes: ROI: POINTS Total:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 101.78
BLB 0.00 0.00 N/A 1.28
BLIP 0.00 0.00 N/A 4.42
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 41.79
CNB 0.00 0.00 N/A 1.37
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A 63.52
FB 0.00 0.00 N/A 11.80
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 22.57
FI 0.00 0.00 N/A 32.57
GVE 0.90 1.00 90% 9.34
LB 0.00 0.00 N/A 2.02
MGB 0.00 0.00 N/A 21.51
NB -1.00 1.00 -100% -22.87
NMP -1.50 1.50 -100% -14.72
PB 1.58 1.98 80% 20.55
SK 0.00 0.00 N/A 74.34
SKS 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.06
STR -4.00 4.00 -100% -6.50
TRAM 0.00 0.00 N/A -15.14
TRAS 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.61
WIFLI 0.00 0.00 N/A -1.50
WRT 0.00 0.00 N/A 9.42
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A -2.38
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A -8.99
Today: -4.02 9.48 -26.07%
Active Tipsters Total: 343.51
All Tipsters Total: 7618.87 2.82% 211.32
Financial Totals: This month: £2,551.69 All-time: £17,653.54
This year: £916.18

Not much happening, but good to see Pro Bandit go above the 20 PTS profit mark once again. Betfair did us a favour by paying out each way on Desert Strike as race numbers were reduced to seven, the bookies wouldn't have paid out. Geert Van Elsen with another easy winner in Cercle Brugge beating Charleroi 3-0 in the Belgium Jupiler league. I'm paying a monthly subscription for the tips from Bet Advisor, thought about taking up a yearly subscription but that would mean at least 2 months of receiving no tips during the summer months. I'll probably sign up again at the beginning of August/September, see how results are going and then make a decision on the years subscription.

It has been a pity to see both Neural Bets and Each Way Value offering refunds, but I guess we can't always have it our way. Each Way Value relies on the Massey Stats site which has been discontinued. From what I gather there are a few services out there that rely on the stats, but it just goes to show the risk involved when relying on a third party. Although highly unlikely a tipster service could literally just pack up and leave us, there are no rules and regulations anywhere to protect us subscribers. I suppose it's part of the whole gambling sector, so much risk involved. I'm still receiving the Neural Bets selections, hopefully the selections below 4.0 continue to be profitable.

In this game of win and lose I just wish there was a little less big losses  and big winnings. Yes, Saturday was great, and yes, yesterday was terrible, but today was just how I like it, just over a £100 banked.

This leads me onto a comment left by Alan. On yesterday's post he asked me what my monthly costs are, they are currently around £500. He also asked about my all-time costs. I won't be divulging specific information, probably because I'm a little embarrassed, but it's more than £10,000. Here are some of the larger costs incurred:
- Trading courses - £1,500
- Equine Investments - £2,500
- OnTheOche - £400 - including losses of £1,000
- Best Under - £310 - including losses of £700

- Its Lay Time - £320
- Lay The Psychic Way - £200
- Each Way Value - £249 (some of this will be refunded) - including losses of £1,500
- Herbie Fogg - £99 - including losses of £900

Let's add that all up:
- Subscription/courses - £5,978
- Losses from these services - £4,070
- Total Losses = £10.048
Quite substantial losses, but I can now say that I'm with some very good tipsters who'll hopefully carry on doing the business over the next months and years!

Until tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. Hi Koda Mate.
    Thanks for your honesty. Yes i think it is important that any prospective new portfolio builders have the full information and i could see by the number of services that you subscribe to that your costs would be considerable.
    I read a few blogs each morning and i notice that none of them include subscription costs in their bottom line.
    Personally, i do because i want to know my exact bottom line but i think it helps peoples mental conditioning to see that their betting figures are in profit even tho the truth is that they arnt.
    Yes, a tough start to the year and i, like you started with a profit target. Nearly 3 full months in and i find myself just over a grand down ( subs included of course lol) Certainly not un recoverable so im still positive. One decent month will get me back into profit. I have cut my services down to just 2 and am confident of progress.
    I take alot of comfort when i see other people who have taken a simillar route as myself into gambling.
    Those naieve years(pre SBC) when we were trying all the systems, scam tipsters, staking plans etc etc LOL.
    I must admit i shuddered when i read those words " its laytime" AHHHHH haha. It reminded me of my worst spell gambling when i tried (and failed) to conquer laying on the exchanges.
    Dear oh Dear its a steep learning curve in this game eh mate and my god did i learn a harsh lesson over a 3 year spell. 15 grand i blew in that learning curve LOL.
    Onwards and upwards tho eh pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,

    We certainly took the tough route, but when you don't know what's right and wrong you just battle on until the spark lights the fire. I didn't really know how to analyse a system before, to see whether it fitted in with the type of person that I am. I paid for some subscriptions without actually following the tips... But, experience has taught me how to be careful now and I'm sure the number of mistakes I make going forward will be a lot lot less compared to my early days.

    I'm still in a good profit financially but a long way off of where I'd like, so hoping the next few months will come good!

    Only 2 services? Are you looking to diversify further with good quality services?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course
    Im always on the look out for new services but my main focus at the moment is to get into profit and so ive cut down to 2 to hopefully get there. Im actually paper trading one of them also at the moment coz they are on a bad run which they were def due so il sit it out and watch untill i see a change in fortune.
    So in practice, im only using one service at the moment.
    I always feel that when i have a bad run as in the last 3 months, i like to kind of step back for a period of time till i"get a hunch" that its time to start up again and start building again. thats what i do anyway, others may be different of course.
    I have to say though that i hate football betting and id rather not bother if thats all there was so im looking for horseracing services who can make me 100 points a year.
    3 or 4 services is usually my max though as i like to spend the fruits of my betting.
    Well, that is why i do it aint it!! LOL

    Best Wishes mate

    ReplyDelete