Tuesday 9 November 2010

No Fear

Fear is one of the biggest limitations to gambling, fear of losing, fear of a result not going your way, etc... it comes in so many forms and can cause so many problems. If you recognise it you must do something about it before it takes a firm grasp on your gambling.

Take tonight, so many results were going against me that I totally forgot about what I should have been doing, such as researching the Bettor Logic bets and doing a couple of my own trades. So, did the fear of losing actually cause any positive consequences? Of course not. Was there any point in feeling such fear? Nope. Conclusion, get fear out of your diet! Last question, how will I see the tell tale signs of fear again and what will I do about it? The potential of fear is always present as long as a selection is in a losing position, and from nowon I'll remember that losing shouldn't allow me to oversee opportunities in other markets! However, as with the other day I shouldn't lose focus and throw money away attempting to offset losses, this ultimately leads to further losses. The aim is to be numb to losses, accept them like you would a hair getting in your food; you wouldn't throw away the whole plate just because of one single hair (I know there are people out there that would throw the plate away, having lived abroad and seen real poverty I wouldn't ever throw away food).

Here are today's results:



Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI: Profit - Deductions:
4PA 0.00 0.00 N/A 65.49
CL 0.00 0.00 N/A 25.54
EI 0.00 0.00 N/A -39.00
FE 0.00 0.00 N/A 17.15
FI -5.00 5.00 -100% 8.08
MGB -3.00 3.00 -100% 8.44
PB 0.00 0.00 N/A 16.17
SK -4.00 4.00 -100% 4.59
CNB 1.43 1.00 143% -4.95
FES 0.00 0.00 N/A 4.03
EWV -1.00 1.00 -100% -42.17
BLB 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.18
TRA -3.91 3.91 N/A -4.09
AB 0.00 0.00 N/A N/A
MB 0.00 0.00 N/A N/A
SPDT 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.23
SKS 0.00 0.00 N/A 0.59
SF 0.00 0.00 N/A -2.25
LB 0.00 0.00 N/A -0.90
HF -2.00 2.00 -100% -16.45
JB 3.47 4.00 87% 6.04
GVE 1.20 1.00 120% -1.21










Total -12.81 24.91 -0.19 44.66


My gambling hasn't been healthy as of late, but having read some posts on gambling forums I know I'm not alone. All stakes lost for Skeeve, Football Investor, Mr Gekko Bets, Trading and Herbie Fogg. What could have gone wrong today went wrong. Doncaster was leading for most of the game only to let in a goal and get a draw, Totenham were also leading. Why we had a gamble on Millwall I will never know, they had no strikers tonight! There were so many draws: 6 in fact.

On the trading we were on Stoke and the correct score at half-time, I bailed out as per the instructions at 1.20 when no goal was scored and guess what happend? Yep, Stoke score just before half-time. That's the way it goes sometimes, it's like coming off a surfboard and being hit by a bad wave and swollowing a load of salt water, you just have to get yourself back to shore and try again and tomorrow will be business as usual.

I will not be backing any further under/over markets for Skeeve. I think there is value in the under/over market on the lower leagues but not by being picky. Selecting one market here or there just doesn't seem to be paying off, so far the under/over selections have wiped 19.76 PTS off the profit and I am only in profit by 4.59 PTS after costs for the season. It may be that the under/over markets come into profit but that's a risk I'll take.

So that's all the negatives off my chest...

On a more positive note Conference North Bets continues it's treck back to profit. Also, the two Bet Advisor services are giving themselves some credit, especially Johnny Bravo. I'm already 6 PTS into profit and we had some good winners today, 3 out of 4 coming in. This service may prove to be what I'm looking for in terms of diversifying my sports types.

A bad month thus far, can only get less worse... lol
















Here's another good bit of fortune! Just as I was finishing today's post Firefox crashed, fortunately the writeup had been saved. If it hadn't saved today's post would have read something along the lines of "Taxi for Firefox, program crash has led to no post today...". It's too easy to focus on the negatives and get pulled down, gambling requires a strong character and mind of steel.

Until tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Check out www.bettingclub.wordpress.com maybe you can then boost your profits steadily here and it comes recommened by the secret betting club , Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the service had a New Year's hangover in January and February, but I'll keep my eye on the service, may be one to add to the portfolio at some point in the future.
    Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete