Friday 3 September 2010

Less Worse...

Hello,

I think I can get used to not following the results through the day, it was a bit weird at first, but because I wasn't thinking about any results my mind was freed up to concentrate on other things, which I duly did. The weekend may be different, as the PC is sat next to me, but I'm going to do my best to focus on other things, such as getting the blog how I want it. I'll report back on Monday about how I behaved...

















Here are today's results:


Tipster: P/L Today: Stakes: ROI: Missed: P/L 30 Days:
4PA 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 6.25
CL 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 0.00
EI -1.50 1.50 -150% 0.00 4.33
FE 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 2.78
FI 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 0.00
MGB 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 0.00
OTO 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 0.00
PB -0.60 3.75 -60% 0.00 8.42
SK 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 -18.60
CNB 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 0.52
FES 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 -1.04
EWV -1.00 1.00 -100% 0.00 -24.52
AB 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 -4.13
MB 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 3.60
SPDT 0.00 1.00 0% 0.00 1.77
CM 0.00 0.00 0% 0.00 -3.70

-3.10 7.25 -19% 0.00 -24.33

I managed to get the tables working. If I copy and paste regular cells from Excel 2007 it doesn't work, but if I convert the cells to a table and copy and paste the table it works fine. I've decided to add three extra columns and will possibly add a fourth tomorrow: P/L 365 Days which will show a years profit/loss. The Missed column shows any bets I couldn't get on for the day.


Another poor day actually, and it being a poor day reinforces the fact that we should keep a distance from something we have absolutely no control over. My first bet was placed at 13:50 today, if my mood had been following my bets since that time I would have been miserable as hell come 21:45 when my last bet was resolved. I wonder if Equine Investments poor run has anything to do with the weather... if I remember rightly last year's weather was terrible and the year before that wasn't great either, both good summers for EI. This has the weather has been great in my opinion, yet EI's performance has been abismal. It's reading Freakonomics that's got me thinking like that, totally recommend it though: thinking outside the box.

Happy punting, until tomorrow.

Kodagira

P.S. Hope to get some graphs sorted out over the next few day, and I'll put August's performance on the blog.

4 comments:

  1. Nice looking portfolio you got going, interesting to follow day-to-day as I'm looking to add eg Pro Bandit myself...

    Can I ask what kind of stakes you're using for each service? I followed Skeeve last year with 40 €/point, which was a horrid experience. Nearly every week missed out on at least some odds even though I was at the PC when the bets came through, and when he did win something I got restricted. A service not worth following imo due to restrictions, odds and results when counting the odds you actually achieve. My personal experience at least. I see he's started this season continuing the bad streak from spring.

    Anyway, overall you have a mighty strong portfolio, good luck with it! (I personally run a portfolio consisting of Nagman, Football Elite, PCB and PJ of Packed Pockets and also the shortlist bets from FE. + personal bets from mainly Finnish Football & Hockey. Each with a bank of 5k, total around 30 k. Hoping to diversify some more with future winnings.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammie,
    The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a shocker in all honesty after a good start to August, but that's what gambling is all about.

    I am beginning to think my portfolio is a little too diverse, but I never give up on a service until I have at least a full year's results under my belt. Even then I have a tendency to hold on a little longer than perhaps I should.

    Skeeve is one of those services whereby you need a lot of pseudo accounts to keep stakes to a minimum. For all services I stake to around the £80 bracket, in Skeeve's case that would mean about £20 per point, as he likes his 4 point bets. The problem, as you know, with betting on low liquidity markets is that bookies are quick to restrict you, so on these types of markets my aim is to keep stakes as low as I possibly can, down to £5 if I can or even go into the bookie shops.

    The best option is to have a portfolio of your own bets, I just find it so difficult to focus on doing the required research. I'm always getting distracted... do you have any tips on finding your own bets? Like how often you should do the research, staying focussed, stakes, etc.

    Thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually taken a 4PA approach with my own betting.

    I live in Helsinki and think I know the national hockey & football leagues better than some American bookies.

    In Finland we have a gambling monopoly for a company called Veikkaus (https://www.veikkaus.fi/info/yritys/english.html). Its the only one with betting shops here. They have really skilled odds compliers in regards to Finnish hockey & football, so what I basically do is find matches which's odds are largely different between Veikkaus and the best odds I can find online, and then see if I can find a mistake in the online prices. This is basically due to the fact that Veikkaus have a shitload of odds compilers for these national leagues, where as online eg at Bet365 they attract little attention.

    Been doing this for a few months only but initial results seem promising, will still need to do more research. Obviously I also have the advantage of attending these matches in person.

    Basically a good approach is to find a relatively small market which you have a good grasp on, and then with research hit the bookies where it hurts!!

    Btw a service that looks promising to me is Greensportsbets (http://greensportbets.com/index.php?/history.html) They only use bookies that dont basically restrict you, and have good results so far! Waiting for an SBC review with interest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that, using compiler mistakes to your own advantage. As you live in Finland that gives you the edge, and we all need edges to firstly wipe out the bookies overround and secondly to make our own profits.

    Just taken a look at the Greensportsbets website, really appreciate you sending that over. It is such a headache getting around bookie restrictions, even if you have pseudo accounts et al. What's it like receiving the tips an hour before the game begins? How many tips come through at once? Looks like a good service but there appear to be some practicality obstacles that need to be overcome.

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete